We here at TopButton know how nice a lazy Sunday can be, and it can be even better with a few treats! So as a special treat for your mother this Mother’s Day, why not bake her some delicious peanut butter brownies?! You’ll definitely be in the good books after this one! Enjoy :)
- 225g crunchy peanut butter
- 200g bar dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 280g soft light brown sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- Set aside 50g each of the peanut butter and chocolate. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment. Gently melt remaining peanut butter, chocolate and all the sugar in a pan, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has just about melted. Turn off heat and use a wooden spoon to beat in the eggs one by one. Stir in the flour and scrape into the tin.
- Melt reserved peanut butter in the microwave on High for 45 secs, or in a pan, until runny, then drizzle over the brownie. Bake for 30-35 mins until it has a crust, but the middle still seems slightly uncooked.
- Melt reserved chocolate, drizzle over the brownie, then cool in the tin before cutting into squares.